About TBI Angel
Victims of traumatic (not total) brain injury are not equipped to navigate the bureaucratic health care maze to secure effective health care services.The problem of receiving care is magnified as many TBI treatments are multi-stage and time critical.
TBI angel (TBIA) provides the advocacy, education, and treatment to accelerate recovery and reintegration.
Common TBI Causes
- Combat Injuries
- Penetrating Wounds
- Car Accidents
- Sports Injuries
- Explosive Blasts
- Shrapnel or Debris
- A mild TBI injury can result in a temporary dysfunction of brain cells
- A severe TBI injury can result in long-term complications or even death due to bruising, physical damage to the brain like torn tissue, and bleeding
- Physical and psychological effects
- Not all symptoms may appear immediately
- Some symptoms include loss of consciousness or disorientation; headache; nausea; difficulty or excessive sleeping